Centennial Center for Leadership – Hobart & William Smith College, Geneva, NY
Iversen Construction was selected to complete a historic rehabilitation of a certified historic structure (100+ years old) owned by Hobart and William Smith Colleges on South Main Street, Geneva, NY and to add to it for the Finger Lakes Institute’s classroom and office needs. The adaptive reuse of the original house structure met with the approval of the Geneva Historical Society because of the faithfulness of its restoration of exterior architectural details.
- Excavation within the existing basement for new foundations and improved basement headroom.
- Removal of interior wood framing while maintaining the integrity of the masonry shell.
- Complete replacement of interior room layouts and finishes.
- Entirely new mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Providing up to date communication and data systems for modern office functions.
- Construction of architecturally complimentary masonry classroom addition with dramatic lake views.
- On-Time completion.
Early in the project, during removal of the interior wood flooring, Michael Iversen turned over the floor boards being stripped out and discovered the inked label of the material supplier’s name from a remodel project nearly 100 years ago, “Niels Iversen Lmbr. Co. Gorham, N.Y.” Michael immediately realized that this was evidence he was the fourth generation of Iversens to serve our clients by building for their future needs.